This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
The BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety provides participants with an in-depth knowledge of WHS practices and assists in developing the skills needed to develop and manage an organisation’s WHS program.
Learning Method Classroom / Workplace
Duration Course duration depends on the delivery mode of the qualification and can be flexible depending on your learning needs
RTO's This course is delivered Insight Training Group Australia Pty Ltd, RTO ID 32142.
To achieve the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety a total of 9 units of competency must be completed, five (5) core units and four (4) elective units.
BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety is available in Perth and regional WA. Upon successful completion of this qualification you may continue your studies and undertake the following:
Students must have been assessed as competent in the following units (or equivalent units) prior to enrolling in BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- Students must be currently employed in, or have access to, a suitable WHS management role encompassing the range of tasks and knowledge covered by the Units of Competency.
Students will need to be able to access and use a personal computer including internet connection, word processing and spreadsheet processing software, for example MS Word and Excel.
Student Selection Process
Insight Training’s selection process is designed to ensure that you are enrolled in the qualification that best meets your needs.
Insight Training’s selection criteria will take into account various factors when deciding upon which students will be offered places in the program including;
- The students’ needs and desired outcomes
- The ability and commitment of the students to complete the course;
- Eligibility requirements listed in the applicable National Training Package;
- Students existing ability in the ACSF core skills, (learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy)
Students not meeting these requirements will be directed to more suitable qualifications or skill development programs.
After completing this course you can pursue a career as a:
- Work Health and Safety Officer
- Work Health and Safety Practitioner
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|BSBWHS502||Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes|
|BSBWHS506||Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems|
|BSBWHS503||Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk|
|BSBWHS504||Manage WHS risks|
|BSBWHS505||Investigate WHS incidents|
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|BSBWHS508||Manage WHS hazards associated with plant|
|BSBWHS410||Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives|
|BSBWHS507||Contribute to managing WHS information systems|
|BSBHRM509||Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs|
To be assessed as competent in this qualification, individual workers are required to undertake 400 hours of supervised work placement in a relevant industry delivery setting. Evidence provided by the supervisor will contribute to assessment of the candidate’s ability to work at this level.
Let one of our Course and Career Advisors help work out the best funding model based on your eligibility.
What Insight Training Offers
- Access to industry leading VET Teachers who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options; study in class, by correspondence or at your workplace
- You may be eligible for state and/or federal funding as a loan or a subsidy towards your course