Queensland Higher Level Skills
It’s time to build your career with our Higher Level Skills courses, funded by the Queensland State Government.
The Higher Level Skills program is an initiative of the Queensland Government to train eligible individuals for priority industries or to transition into university. Employers may also be able to utilise the program for workforce development needs.
Insight Training deliver a range of funded Higher Level Skills courses to eligible participants through our Browns Plains and Strathpine training locations in QLD.
- Once you complete a qualification through this program you will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under this program.
- Students will be required to complete a Training and Employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the course.
- Concession students must pay entire fee by induction date or the first day of course commencement (whichever comes first) or make arrangements for a direct debit payment plan to be finalised prior to induction date or first day of course commencement (whichever comes first).
- Non-concession students must pay 50% deposit of total fee by induction date or the first day of course commencement (whichever comes first) or make arrangements for a direct debit payment plan to be finalised prior to induction date or first day of course commencement (whichever comes first).
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills program, individuals must be:
- Aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland;
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen;
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- Additional eligibility criteria may apply.
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number is a unique number that is allocated to students studying nationally recognised Vocational Educational Training (VET) in Australia. This is a government initiative that enables you to access all of your training records and results from the one location allowing you to provide proof of qualification to any potential employer. USI’s are mandatory to anyone wanting to complete nationally recognised training.
If you forgot or lost your USI number please call
- Student Support 1300 046 744 and fill out a Release of Information form and supply ID or
- Skilling Australia on 1300 856 007
You may still be eligible for funding. Contact Insight Training to find out more information on how to apply.